Information property of Jakob Nielsen, Usability Expert.
This year’s winners emphasized an editorial approach to news on the homepage. They also took a pragmatic approach to many hyped “Web 2.0″ techniques. While page design is getting more standardized, there’s no agreement on CMS or technology platforms for good intranet design.
The 10 best-designed intranets for 2007 are:
- American Electric Power (AEP), United States
- Comcast, United States
- DaimlerChrysler AG, Germany
- The Dow Chemical Company, United States
- Infosys Technologies Limited, India
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., United States
- Microsoft Corporation, United States
- National Geographic Society, United States
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), United Kingdom
- Volvo Group, Sweden
The 10 winners used a total of 49 different products for their intranets’ technology platforms. Clearly, intranet technology continues to be an unsettled field.The most-used products were: Windows Server, Google Search Appliance or Google Mini, SharePoint, SQL Server, Google Maps, Omniture, and Vignette.